2. What types of Personal Information and related information does Simia Surprise collect from you?
Simia Surprise Services
Simia Surprise collects certain personal information through the Simia Surprise Services described above – including through our websites, through social media accounts and channels, and via our applications, mobile technologies, telephone discussions, email and other forms of communication. In order for you to place orders, make purchases, complete transactions, interact with Simia Surprise or have access to certain features of the Simia Surprise Services, we may require you to register or provide certain personal information. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, contact information, email address, age or date of birth, payment information, rewards program information or a username and password.
Purchase and Recipient Information
When making purchases through the Simia Surprise Services, we may also require you to provide a credit card, billing address and gift message and that you provide information about a recipient or potential recipient of a gift or a purchase you make through the Simia Surprise Services.
Social Media Sites
Simia Surprise may also receive personal information from social media platforms, as well as from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms. For example, if you access the Simia Surprise Services through a third-party connection or log in through Instagram, Twitter, Facebook Connect or another third-party service, by “following,” “liking,” or linking your account to one or more of the Simia Surprise Services, that third party may pass information about you to us, including, without limitation, your name, birthday, gender, user ID number, user ID number of your friends, the email address associated with your account, your profile picture, your physical location, your photos, photo likes, photo tags, and an access token to authenticate to the third-party service. We may also collect additional information regarding your hobbies, interests or “likes” that you make available through your profile on the third-party service, any other information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service.
If you allow us access to your social media friends list, then your friends’ user IDs and your connection to those friends may be used and stored to make your experience more social, and to allow you to invite your friends to use the Simia Surprise Services. Please consult with the third party’s website for further information before you link or connect to the Simia Surprise Services and on how to control or adjust your privacy settings on that site. Simia Surprise has no control over such third party website.
We may supplement the information you provide to us with data we obtain or receive from third parties, such as our affiliates, marketing firms, data vendors or address verification services. For example, if you change your address and fail to advise us, we may verify your address through a third party address verification company. We may combine information we collect online with information we collect off line.
3. How does Simia Surprise use Personal Information?
Simia Surprise may use personal information in order to facilitate your use of the Simia Surprise Services, including receiving, processing, fulfilling and delivering your purchases. We may use personal information to identify you when you log in to our Simia Surprise Services, to provide a better experience through the Simia Surprise Services, or to personalize your experience across the Simia Surprise Services. We may also use personal information to better understand our customers and to better tailor or enhance our Simia Surprise Services. For example, we may also use personal information for data analysis and segmentation, understanding our customers across our various platforms and brands, and providing recommendations and reminders for events and other business purposes. We may also use personal information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliated companies, you or others, and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Simia Surprise may send you e-mail communications or promotional offers to an email address, through a device (such as mobile device or applications) or through other contact information provided through the Simia Surprise Services. If you do not want to receive such communications from us, please see Section 9. We may contact you using information you have entered into the Simia Surprise Services either recently or in the past regardless of whether you have opted in or out of email marketing messaging.
4. What Non-Personal Information does Simia Surprise collect?
Simia Surprise may collect non-personal information from you including, but not limited to, demographic data, location data (as more fully discussed in Section 7 below), browser type, your Internet Service Provider or operating system, the URL of previous Simia Surprise Services you visited, and your IP address. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, Simia Surprise may use and share this information, which does not personally identify you, for any purpose, including sharing with our third party partners, affiliates, agents or service providers for various administrative, analytical and marketing purposes.
5. What are cookies, clear GIFs and other similar technologies and how does Simia Surprise use them?
• Cookies: We may collect information from you by using cookies. A “cookie” is a small text file stored on your computer containing information about you. Cookies help us analyze web traffic, provide user data for a particular webpage, and allow web applications to be adapted for you as an individual. This helps us tailor our operations to your specific needs and preferences by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting our cookies, please follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. However, if you do disable cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our online features or access certain sections of our Simia Surprise Services, including the “shopping cart.”
• Clear GIFs: We, or our third party partners, affiliates, agents or service providers, may collect information from you by using clear GIFs. A “clear GIF” or graphics interchange format (also known as pixel tags, single pixel GIFs, web beacons or action tags) help us or a third party measure advertising effectiveness. Clear GIFs help us manage content on the Simia Surprise Services by informing us of what content is effective. Further, clear GIFs may be used: (i) in HTML based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients; (ii) to record when products have been ordered through the Simia Surprise Services; and (iii) to track the visitor traffic through the Simia Surprise Services. Among other reasons, these clear GIFs allow us to measure the usage of each of the Simia Surprise Services by our visitors and the effectiveness of certain communications and marketing campaigns. The main differences between a cookie and a clear GIF are that clear GIFs are invisible on a web page and are much smaller.
• Mobile Analytics: We utilize third party analytics technology in our mobile applications which tracks usage and interactions within our mobile applications. This information helps provide insight into the use of such mobile applications and assists with our further improvement and development associated with the mobile application and Simia Surprise Services.
• Affiliate Tracking: You may purchase products from us through a link associated with our affiliate program. Our affiliate program allows participating website publishers, bloggers and other organizations (“Affiliates”) to display links on their respective websites which direct customers to the Simia Surprise Services.
• Behavioral Advertising: We participate in online behavioral advertising (OBA). We may use third parties to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online. We may allow certain third parties to collect certain information when you use the Simia Surprise Services. For example, these companies may use non-personal information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) and personal information (e.g., IP address) during your visits to Simia Surprise Services in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you on third party sites. These parties typically use a cookie or a third party web beacon to collect this information.
• Our Do Not Track Policy: Some third party browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals. To learn more about online behavioral advertising (OBA), please visit the Network Advertising Initiative website (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) or Digital Advertising Alliance website (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/).
• Other Technologies: Since new technologies are being developed every day, we may introduce or utilize new technologies in the future in a manner consistent with this policy and generally applicable industry standards. Further, additional disclosures or requests for permission may be presented through the use of such new technologies at the time of such use. For example, you may receive a request from a mobile application to enable sharing of information through your device.
6. How does Simia Surprise collect and use location based data?
When you access the Simia Surprise Services by or through a mobile device or application, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Simia Surprise Services. We may also be able to determine your general geographic location (i.e., city or town and state) through your IP address. You may control whether location data is shared with us through your mobile device, application or browser settings. Some features of the Simia Surprise Services, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
7. When does Simia Surprise share Personal Information with third parties?
Simia Surprise shares your personal information in the manner described below.
• Simia Surprise Affiliates: Simia Surprise may share personal information with its affiliated companies, including those referenced herein and those subsequently acquired by Simia Surprise or its affiliates.
• Simia Surprise Member Florists / Distributors: Simia Surprise shares information with our Simia Surprise Member Florists and distributors for the purposes of fulfilling and delivering your purchases. These Simia Surprise Member Florists and distributors may contact you or the recipient relating to your purchases. The Simia Surprise Member Florists are a network of independently owned and operated floral shops, whose privacy practices may differ. Simia Surprise may provide certain marketing services on behalf of the Simia Surprise Member Florists. On some occasions, the recipient may be contacted to schedule delivery or verify delivery availability. To maintain our high quality standards, we may contact recipients to ensure satisfaction with their gift.
• Simia Surprise Third Parties: Simia Surprise may share, store and process your information with third parties who act as our agents, suppliers, vendors, contractors, subcontractors or service providers (collectively, “Simia Surprise Third Parties”). The Simia Surprise Third Parties include the floral and gift distributors mentioned above. You acknowledge that the collection, transfer, management, storage, and processing of personal information may be undertaken by these Simia Surprise Third Parties for the fulfillment of Simia Surprise Services and other Simia Surprise business purposes. The Simia Surprise Third Parties are given the information they need to perform their designated functions.
• Simia Surprise Business and Legal / Mergers and Acquisitions: There may be business or legal reasons to disclose personal information. As an example, we may transfer information we have about you to third parties in connection with an actual or potential merger, consolidation, acquisition, reincorporation, sale/divestiture, acquisition or other similar transaction involving all or part of our company or any affiliate, or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control. If we undergo such a business transition, personal information may be one of the assets that may be shared or transferred as part of the business transition and used by such third party as though such third party were Simia Surprise.
• Law Enforcement/Government Requests/Other: We may be required by law to provide personal information to law enforcement, a government agency or in response to a search warrant, subpoena or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body or civil litigant including emergency situations. We may also disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with relevant laws, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, to prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity, to prevent death or imminent bodily harm, or to protect or defend the rights, property or safety of our users, others and ourselves.
8. What are your choices regarding marketing communications?
You may opt out of receiving email marketing promotions from the Simia Surprise family of brands. However, each of our brands manages its own email marketing, so please note that you may only be opted out of receiving email marketing promotions from the brand you contact. In addition to being able to opting out of receiving marketing promotions by following the unsubscribe instructions in the applicable promotion you received.
9. What measures does Simia Surprise take to ensure the security of this Personal Information?
We use procedural and technological security measures which are reasonably designed to help protect personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure, consistent with industry standards.
We use encryption, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, it is always possible that third parties will unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or defeat these measures. Therefore, we do not promise and cannot guarantee (and thus you should not expect) that personal information will never be viewed or used by others.
10. How does Simia Surprise treat personal information related to children?
Our Simia Surprise Services are not directed at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. Indeed, in order to make a purchase through the Simia Surprise Services, you must be 18 and have a valid credit card. Children should always get permission from their parents before providing any information about themselves online, to us or to anyone else. If parents believe their minor children have accessed the Simia Surprise Services and provided their personal information, please contact us.
Pere Blai, 9, 08019, Barcelona, Spain
Email: [email protected]